Thursday, August 28, 2014

Review of Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre

Review of Ann Aguirre's The Immortal Game: Mortal Danger
Release Date: August 5th, 2014

Synopsis as found on Amazon.com:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

In Ann Aguirre's Mortal Danger, Edie Kramer has a score to settle with the beautiful people at Blackbriar Academy. Their cruelty drove her to the brink of despair, and four months ago, she couldn’t imagine being strong enough to face her senior year. But thanks to a Faustian compact with the enigmatic Kian, she has the power to make the bullies pay. She’s not supposed to think about Kian once the deal is done, but devastating pain burns behind his unearthly beauty, and he’s impossible to forget.

In one short summer, her entire life changes and she sweeps through Blackbriar, prepped to take the beautiful people down from the inside. A whisper here, a look there, and suddenly . . . bad things are happening. It’s a head rush, seeing her tormentors get what they deserve, but things that seem too good to be true usually are, and soon, the pranks and payback turns from delicious to deadly. Edie is alone in a world teeming with secrets and fiends lurking in the shadows. In this murky morass of devil’s bargains, she isn’t sure who—or what—she can trust. Not even her own mind.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I read that Ann Aguirre had a new series coming out, I was super ecstatic to get it. I am a huge fan of her Razorland Trilogy & was really sad when it ended. Like all of my favorite series, I get wrapped up in the world that the author has written & can't imagine a time when I won't know what is happening next. It's a good thing I purchase all of them so that I can re-read them.

When I picked up Mortal Danger, I wasn't sure what I was going to get. I love when the little person gets revenge on all the beautiful people who have wronged them, especially when it has a backdrop of an exclusive private academy. (Maybe its the Gossip Girl & Revenge fan in me) I have to say, it was not exactly what I was expecting. There is so much more to it than just a plot of revenge, like I gathered from reading the synopsis. This is a book of forgotten Gods & Immortals who play a game using people as their chess pieces. It's a book where 3 wishes are much harder to make than you would have thought from the start.

It is just so much more... there is little else to say, except I enjoyed it. It was no Enclave, but I do not know if she will ever live up to the beauty of her last series.

No comments:

Post a Comment