Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Review of Ever After High: Once Upon a Time by Shannon Hale

Review of Shannon Hale's Ever After High: Once Upon a Time
Release Date: October 21st, 2014

Synopsis as found on Amazon.com:

Read these exclusive introductions to all your favorite characters to find out what their lives are like at home! A new chapter is about to begin at Ever After High, and all the students are preparing to start their Legacy Year. In just a few weeks it will be Legacy Day when they will sign the Storybook of Legends and commit to live out their fairy-tale destiny, repeating the famous stories of their parents.

This volume collects together for the first time 12 short tales, including five BRAND-NEW stories. For the first time, find out what Dexter and Darling Charming, Cedar Wood, Lizzie Hearts and Kitty Cheshire were doing just before school started. This collection also includes the stories of Apple White, Raven Queen, Madeline Hatter, Briar Beauty, Ashlynn Ella and Hunter Huntsman, and the fairy tale The Tale of Two Sisters, which were previously only available online.

Don't miss this Once Upon a Time special edition of enchanting stories by bestselling and Newbery honor-winning author Shannon Hale.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This collection of stories is a prequel to the 3 stories already published from this series. There are 12 stories, which includes 5 never before released, about where the characters are before the start of their Legacy Year. I had read a few of the stories on my digital device after I read The Storybook of Legends, so was familiar with some of them.

I am a huge fan of stories that retell fairy tales in a different perspective and this series does just that. Of course, the series is also targeted at a Juvenile reader & I am an adult, so it was a very quick read for me. I am not too proud to say that I am a collector of Ever After & Monster High Dolls, so anytime one of the books that corresponds to the videos & dolls comes out, I am right there purchasing it as well.

If you are a fan of Monster High or Ever After High, you will be sure to appreciate this book. I was very excited to read a couple stories that had characters that were not in the prior books. I am very excited to see what they do with those characters in the stories to come.

This will probably be my last review of 2014... so until next year, keep reading! Check back with me in a couple days for what I've chosen to read to start of the new year! Thanks Everyone for a great 2014!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment