Friday, October 24, 2014

Review of Unraveled by Gennifer Albin

Review of Gennifer Albin's Unraveled
Release Date: October 7th, 2014

Synopsis as found on GoodReads.com:

Autonomous. Independent. Dangerous.

They tried to control her. Now she’ll destroy them.

Things have changed behind the walls of the Coventry and new threats lurk in its twisted corridors. When Adelice returns to Arras, she quickly learns that something rotten has taken hold of the world and Cormac Patton needs her to help him reestablish order. However, peace comes at a terrible price. As the Guild manipulates the citizens of Arras, Adelice discovers that she’s not alone, and she must let go of her past to fight for mankind’s future. She will have to choose between an unimaginable alliance and a deadly war that could destroy everyone she loves.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This month has been a big new release month, so for a short time, I have decided to just read the books that have already come out, so that my stack does not get any bigger than it already is, and wait another week before I start back on the Advanced Reader Copies I have waiting to be read.

So this book has been on my want to read list for a while. I have been dying to know how Albin was ending her series from the moment I ended book 1. Crewel was a book I picked up & could not put back down until I was finished reading it less than a day later. That is how incredible book 1 was. Like most series, as the books went on, the story began to wane for me.

In a world where girls are tested to see if they have the power to weave anything into existence and become renowned "Spinsters" who have a life of luxury, but are unmarried slaves to their jobs, one girl comes along with a power surpassing all else. That girl is Adelice. Her powers are so great that she would in turn train under the only other person ever born like her, Loricel, and her title would be "Creweler". Hence the name of the first book, Crewel. That is my quick synopses on book 1.

In book 3, Albin gives us a definite end to the story. There is a lot of death & not all of my favorite characters had happy endings... or made it out alive. I actually finished the book saying "What just happened?" So you can imagine, I am not completely happy with how she has left the end open & yet not. I can tell this is the end, but Albin has not given me the answers I crave... leaving me a little sad for more reasons than 1.

Other than the last couple chapters, the book was over all pretty good. I recommend it for fans of Kiera Cass' The Selection, Ally Condie's Matched, & Amy Ewing's The Jewel.

No comments:

Post a Comment