Friday, September 26, 2014

Review of The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey

Review of Rick Yancey's The Infinite Sea
Release Date: September 16th, 2014

Synopsis as found on GoodReads.com:

How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.

Cassie and her friends haven’t seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excerpt from The Infinite Sea:

We're here, then we're gone, and that was true before they came. That's always been true. The Others didn't invent death; they just perfected it. Gave death a face to put back in our face, because they knew that was the only way to crush us. It won't end on any continent or ocean, no mountain or plain, jungle or desert. It will end where it began, where it had been from the beginning, on the battlefield of the last beating human heart.

----------

I am by far blown away by this book! I love a lot of books. That is just me. I love to read. I love to escape into a world that is so different from my own that it will just take me away... but there are just some books that top all others. The Fifth Wave series, it seems, will be one of those series.

I remember racing through the Fifth Wave, because I so badly wanted to know what happened next. Does my favorite character make it to the end? Will Cassie save her brother? Then when I got to the end, I remember thinking: Why do writers end books on cliffhangers? It might not have been a huge one, but why can't I know what happened to Evan Walker?

So when The Infinite Sea was released, I couldn't wait to pick it up. Of course I was on my 3 Advance Reader Copy set, so I couldn't start until I finished those first. Just picking this book up, I knew I would love it. I could barely put it down. Now, I'm left with ANOTHER year of waiting to find out what happens next... WAH!

I am not a huge alien takeover book series kind of person, but reading this series has made me find a whole new respect for them. Among the series that I have read that I liked (in case you are looking for a series similar to this one), check out: Gregg Rosenblum's Fugitive X, Demitria Lunetta's In The After, Kimberly Derting's The Taking, & Stephanie Meyer's The Host. Just to name a few.

Thanks for checking out my blog! Make sure to follow me to keep up with all of my upcoming reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment